When someone needs physical or emotional healing, all kinds of expectations come into play, mostly related to fear. What if nothing happens? What you ask for healing and leave unchanged? Does that mean you are not worthy to be healed? Did you not believe enough? Those questions are difficult to answer. My best advice is to look to Jesus.
- “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road. (Mark 10:52)
- Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has healed you. (Luke 18:42)
- He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.” (Mark 5:34)
- Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.” (Luke 17:19)
- Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment. (Matt 15:28)
- Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment. (Matt 8:13)
Notice anything strategic in these texts? Jesus was known to be a healer. Either these people had seen Him heal before, or they heard about His miracles. They BELIEVED. They didn’t come hoping to be healed, they came hoping He would choose them. The woman with an issue of blood literally chased Him down, so great was her faith.
Here’s my point: believe with everything in you that God wants to heal you. Do not take no for an answer. The woman who argued with Him because she was a Canaanite came away ecstatic because her daughter was healed. All you have to do is touch Him. Healing is in His DNA. It’s yours. Rebuke fear. Rebuke doubt. Rebuke anything that tries to talk you out of it. Go after Him like the woman with the issue of blood and be healed, my friend.