Paul had a special insight in the character of God. He definitely related to Him as a God of peace, and I think it is crucial for us to find it as well.
- Now the God of peace be with you all. (Rom 15:33)
- And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. (Rom 16:20)
- For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace (1Cor 14:33)
- And the God of love and peace be with you. (2Cor 13:11)
- And the God of peace be with you. (Phil 4:9)
- Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely. (1Thes 5:23)
- Now may the God of peace who brought up the Lord Jesus from the dead…(Heb 13:20)
We live in a world that works hard to rob us of peace and rest. We’re encouraged to work long hours and be driven. But God is a God of peace. He brings stillness and quietness to our soul and calms our racing mind. His presence is a place of rest, where we are refreshed and strengthened.
Discover the God of peace. Listen to His wisdom and find rest under His wings. I believe that finding that rest brings physical health to our bodies and calmness to our minds. If you can’t find peace, ask the God who is peace to come and fill you.
Another post on peace: A Big Piece of the Peace of God