How hard is it to wait on the Lord? Really hard. We can let our impatience get the better of us. The enemy will whisper that nothing is going to happen, so give it up. We see other people being blessed in the same area we are waiting in and feel frustrated. The wait seems intolerable. But don’t let it.
Pray for patience. Yes, I know what they say, but they are wrong. Patience is a gift of God and a weapon against the enemy. With patience, the time of waiting will be far easier. If you know impatience is a problem for you, repent and ask for patience. God has everything you need for your growth.
If the enemy is whispering that it’s never going to happen. Rebuke him. God would never say that. If your thoughts don’t agree with the word of God, then you need to change your thoughts. Repent for agreeing with them. Rebuke the lies and speak the truth over yourself. If you don’t have faith in what you pray for, you’ll never sees them answered. Once you give up, you let the enemy win.
What about when you see other people being blessed in the exact area you’ve been waiting for, and longer? You join them in thanksgiving. You bless them and thank God for answering their prayers. Be genuinely happy for them. If you can’t, then something’s wrong and you need to deal with it. Confess it to God. Give your disappointments to Him. He understands, but He doesn’t want you to carry around the wrong attitudes. Ask for more of His grace so you can bless others.
The time of waiting is God’s way of looking at how serious you are in His ability to answer. How badly do you want this? Bad enough to wait as long as it takes?
- Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart. Psalms 27:14
- Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him. Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way. Psalms 37:7
- For evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. Psalms 37:9
- And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in you. Psalms 39:7
- I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. Psalms 130:5
- And I will wait on the Lord, who hides His face from the house of Jacob and I will hope in Him. Isaiah 8:17
- But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. Isaiah 40:31
- The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:25
- It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3:26
- Therefore I will look to the Lord. I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Micah 7:7
- Therefore wait on Me, says the Lord. Zephaniah 3:8
Yes, Lord. We will wait.
Another post on waiting on the Lord: Yes, God Answers Prayer